Breastfeeding Resources Guide
What is a Breastfeeding Friendly Business?
A breastfeeding-friendly business provides support to new moms upon return to work by creating supportive policies allowing flexibility in time and provision of a private space for the expression of breast milk. By supporting breastfeeding in the workplace, employers win by reducing employee turnover, increase employee loyalty and reduce employee absenteeism due to sick days.
Interested in becoming a Breastfeeding Friendly?
See resources below or call 715-345-5946 and speak to a Public Health Nurse for more information and to nominate a breastfeeding-friendly business in our community!
- U.S. Department of Labor – Fact Sheet #73: Break Time for Nursing Mothers under FLSA
- Breastfeeding Friendly Flyer
- Workplace Lactation Support Program
- Timeline for Implementing a lactation support program
- Lactation Program Assessment Form
- Sample Policy for Supporting Breastfeeding Employees
Lactation Station Pictures